Re: Do not reboot on system error - how?

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 16:14:12 +0400, Proskurin Kirill wrote:

> I try to catch nasty error what reboot`s my system. How to make Debian
> just freeze\hang on error and not reboot so I can look at console
> errors?

AFAIK, default kernel setup does not reboot after "panics", so maybe you
are experiencing any sort of hardware error that kernel cannot handle.

What you could do is logging over serial port to another computer to
ctach the messages from there but the nature of the reboot could just log
nothing at all.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón