Re: config usb wireless as access point?

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 16:53:04 +0200
Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> Dne, 01. 09. 2010 14:59:27 je abdelkader belahcene napisal(a):
> > I can used it as card, the driver already exists in package
> > firmwire-ralink.
> >
> >  Somebody has an idea where can I find that utility or other which the
> > procedure.
>
> As far as I know, wireless cards don't generally have separate drivers
> for separate modes of operation in linux; you just re-configure the
> same driver by editing the relevant text file, specifying the operating
> mode. Google is your friend as to what modes are supported by your card
> in linux and how to configure them: googling for "sta", "ap", "adhoc",
> "wet", "monitor" and other related acronyms you should configure your
> card in no time (if the linux driver supports the "ap" mode that is).

I don't think that this is quite correct.  IIUC / IIRC, modern mac80211
wireless drivers use the userspace hostapd program (not to be confused
with the hostap driver!) to provide access point functionality:

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/hostapd

Celejar