Re: Wesnoth 1.8 not finding campaigns

On 01/09/10 17:13, James Zuelow wrote:
----Original Message----
From: AG [mailto:computing.account@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 7:50 AM
To: debian user
Subject: Wesnoth 1.8 not finding campaigns

Hi all

After a testing update, Wesnoth 1.8 cannot find any campaigns.  How
do I fix this because Google doesn't help at this point ... possibly
because it is too new?

TIA

AG
It looks like they changed the package names for the campaigns.

So what used to be wesnoth-trow is now wesnoth-1.8-trow.

Probably when you did the update, the old 1.6 campaigns were uninstalled but the 1.8 campaigns weren't pulled down.  At least that is what my machine wants to do.

I've gone to the Debian site and sure enough, there are a load of 1.8 packages for Wesnoth, so I've just pulled them down with apt-get. Now all works fine.

Thanks for the help.

AG