Re: Debian FS structure.

 On 8/30/2010 6:18 AM, Sthu Deus wrote:
Thank You for Your time and answer, Wolodja:

/pub -- this is not part of the FHS and you might want to search for a
better place. What kind of data do you have here?
Sorry for long absence here. Where would You put something common for
all the users, say movies, music, etc?

I'm not speaking about HDD structure - where every partition will be,
what it will contain, etc - just right (according to Debian way, FHS)
files/dir.s location.

What is '/srv' for?

According to the FHS (if I remember right) /srv is for served files, exp: cvs, ftp, www. You see Apache and a lot of system administrators use /var/www which is not apart of the FHS (even though Wikipedia incorrectly lists it as apart of the FHS ~ I just removed it from Wikipedia) so they proposed /srv. You would do something like /srv/%username/www /srv/%username/cvs and so forth. As far shared videos that's a tough one, I'm wondering if you couldn't put them under /usr/share since it is static.