Re: Trinity KDE 3.5.11 was Re: How to use two displaies

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 18:28 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 16:34 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > On Thu August 5 2010, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > > Trinity is already compiled for Debian Lenny, so why not give it a
> > > shot? ;-)  Here is the package list with buildlogs/status/etc.:
> > > https://quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/~trinity/+archive/trinity
> > >
> > > If you want to use the repository, just add these lines to your
> > > sources.list file:
> > > deb
> > > http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity-builddeps/ubuntu
> > > lenny main deb-src
> > > http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity-builddeps/ubuntu
> > > lenny main deb
> > > http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity/ubuntu lenny
> > > main
> > > deb-src
> > > http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity/ubuntu lenny
> > > main
> >
> > so, if I wanted to install this, I would....
> > # aptitude install trinity ?
> <snip>
> I'm sorry; I thought I had included that in my previous post but I see I
> did not.
>
> Install desktop-base-trinity, kdebase-trinity, and kdepim-trinity.
>
> I use a preferences file such as:
<snip>
Very good news! Tim Pearson has the Trinity site back on-line.  As far
as I know, the packages are available.  trinity.pearsoncomputing.net

I'm sure they can use all the help they can get now that they've added
support for Debian to the Ubuntu work so now is the time for all those
who have been clamoring for KDE3 to be preserved to step up :-)

The best of success to you, Tim, and thanks for all the effort - John