Re: building 2.6.35

Stephen Powell wrote:
> I do know about groups, but I don't necessarily know the intended
> purpose of all of the pre-defined groups in a Linux system.  Where
> can I find documentation for that?

Unfortunately I have no idea.  I don't even know if they are all
documented someplace.  And distro to distro those will vary since they
tend to be local administration conventions.

> Still, I should have noticed that the /usr/src directory was owned
> by user root and by group src.  For some reason, I never made that
> connection.  That's a great tip, thanks.  I will have to play around
> with this.  If I can get everything to work, then the next revision
> of my kernel building web page will be revised accordingly.

Don't berate yourself.  There is too much information in the universe
to know all of it!  Only by working together can we manage to get a
handle on even a small fraction of it.

Bob