Re: Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary.

On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 12:21:52PM -0400, 郭家华 wrote:
> Yes, I think I must fix it.
> But I don't know how to fix it.
> Can you help me?

It may not be relavant but I encountered the error message partition
does not end on cylinder boundary when trying to install linux-base.
The installation invoked dosfslabel which crashed with this message.

e2fsck reported every partition was clean.  I deleted the suspect
partiion (determined by running dosfslabel on each partition) and used
every method (parted, gparted, fdisk, cfdisk) create a new partition
without eliminating the problem.

Finally I deleted every entry from /etc/fstab except those defining hard
drive partitions.  Then linux-base installed without a wimper.  I
believe running verify after creating the new partition still produced
the error message partition does not end on cylinder boundary but
e2fsck finds no fault with the partitions and I have not encountered any
problems with my system.

Tom