Re: insserv: /home on NFS and local bind (DNS lookups fail on boot)

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 15:22:19 +0300, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

> Camaleón writes:
>> So we are doing something wrong here.
>
> It seems that /etc/init.d/mountnfs.sh does not actually call mount, it
> is done by
>
> /etc/network/if-up.d/mountnfs
>
> when a network interface is brought up.
>
> Should I try starting bind9 before network is brought up? That sounds
> very counter-intuitive.

That does not make sense to me either :-/

A quick question: your log marks NFS service as "done", does it really
works despite the warning or the share is not getting mounted once the
system boots?

Another question that rounds my head... does the resolution fails because
of bind9 not being available or is it failing due to the network is not
still ready? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón