Re: Can only access Debian website through proxy

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:34:06 +1000, pierre poulos wrote:

> Using Iceweasel, Google Chrome and Lynx I cannot access http;//
> www.debian.org or any of the mirrors without using an external web
> proxy. My isp says they can access fine on their own machines. My wife's
> computer running Firefox on WinXP sp3 on the same connection also works
> fine. I have had to change my apt sources list as it was unable to
> access the
> security updates. What's wrong with my machine. I am running lenny
> current.

Does it happen with any site or just some?

Is not the first time I've seen an ISP having troubles for accessing
specific websites/servers/network routes which can be only reached using
an external proxy or another connection (i.e., by dial-up session with
another ISP).

Give them a prudential time lapse and check later if the error still
persists.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón