Re: Network Manager on Squeeze (was: bug 530024 on squeeze)

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 18:23 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> Just for the record, editing "/etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf"
> file (as per bug suggestion), adding "managed=true" and resarting the
> system seems to "resurrect" eth0 cable connection and becomes available
> into NM again.
>
> This was tested on VM, though. Testing over real hardware should be a
> better trial...

I've used the "managed=true" for about a year on my laptop, and the
couple of others I manage. The only problem with Network Manager I've
had during that time was a bug¹ in a new version which was fixed within
a week.

Tixy               ()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign (www.asciiribbon.org)
                   /\  Against HTML e-mail and proprietary attachments