Re: brightness control on Dell Studio 1558

Dne, 02. 08. 2010 04:42:00 je Martín Jamilis napisal(a):

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Martín

In my experience, the feature might be dependent on the video driver you're using. On my Debian lenny HP laptop (ATI card), the brightness control works with the proprietary fglrx driver, but doesn't work with the unaccelerated FLOSS one. On the other hand, the FLOSS driver can suspend the laptop LCD panel, while the proprietary fglrx driver can't (the backlight stays permanently on). I just mean to say that your mileage may vary.

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801