Re: password memory

Gary L. Roach wrote:
> I have a Win2K machine and a linux sqeeze machine both running mozella
> 5.0 (Firefox and Iceweasel). The Win2K machine remembers password
> inromation to my Amazon.com account (as an example) but the linux
> machine doesn't. I've checked all of the mozella settings and can't find
> any difference. Any suggestions. I need to get this resolved so I can
> ditch the Win2K machine.

It seems to me that even though you checked and didn't see any
differences that one of them isn't set to remember passwords or has
previousy been told not to remember passwords from amazone.

Edit, Preferences, Security, verify that "Remember passwords for
sites" is checked.  Then click "Exceptions..." verify that amazon
isn't in the list of "Passwords for the following sites will not be
saved:".  Perhaps even select "Remove All" there to ensure this.

Bob