Re: [SOLVED] Re: wireless (Atheros AR5001) was working on squeeze, then stopped

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 22:28 +0200, Klistvud wrote:
> Dne, 30. 06. 2010 20:51:08 je Brian C. Wells napisal(a):
>
> > Or did some key combo I pressed somehow disable it?
>
> You betcha. Most notebooks have such key combos (or even dedicated
> keys), and HPs are no exception. So it looks like you'll have to read
> the freaking manual that came with your notebook after all!

I don't know where I put the physical manual, but I did download the PDF
version from HP's website.  It has more pictures than explanatory text,
and of course it blithely assumes we'll use Windows, but it says:

        Wireless button

        Turns the wireless feature on or off, but does not create a
        wireless connection.

        NOTE: A wireless network must be set up in order to establish a
        wireless connection.

        Wireless light

        Blue: An integrated wireless device, such as a wireless local
        area network (WLAN) device and/or a Bluetooth® device, is turned
        on.

        Amber: All wireless devices are turned off.

That's it.  They don't say anything else about it, and what they do say
doesn't seem to apply to Debian.  Pushing the button doesn't seem to
have any effect, and the light seems to be blue most of the time, even
when the connection wasn't working, and amber sometimes even while I'm
connected.  Sometimes I need to RTFM, but I don't think this is one. :)

0