Re: Deterring mail relay attempts

On 01/07/10 17:45, Joe wrote:

Some sites try many simultaneous connections. Have you got this set?

exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim-config_options:
.
.
.ifndef SMTP_ACCEPT_MAX_PER_HOST
SMTP_ACCEPT_MAX_PER_HOST = 3
.endif
smtp_accept_max_per_host = SMTP_ACCEPT_MAX_PER_HOST
.
.

If it's there, and it wasn't in mine by default, you can then set and
alter it in exim4/exim4.conf.localmacros where things are easier to find.

Don't forget you've used a delay so there may be many overlapping open
connections waiting out the timeout.

That one doesn't appear to be in my file.  I'll add it

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk