Re: Debian unstable Bug - after dist-upgrade (CUPS removed my Canon Printer drivers)

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 15:42 +0300, Satellite wrote:
>  2Wolodja Wentland:
>
> 1) your commands return nothing for me ( neither aptitude search
> "?provides(cupsys)" nor aptitude search "~Pcupsys")
> 2) I installed these two packages again ('gs-esp' and 'ghostscript-x')

Hmmm - can't explain that right now and I don't have a sid system around
to investigate ... Either someone else provides some clues, or I'll use
other means to gather additional information.

Btw - The two commands do exactly the same and you might take a look at
[1] to understand them. They essentially search for packages that
provide cupsys or gs-esp (if called with ~Pgs-esp)

> Still, while trying to install official Canon drivers I get this:

Are you sure that you have the latest versions of these packages
installed? As you are installing an unsupported third-party deb of
unknown quality it might also be necessary to install the virtual
packages (i.e. cupsys/gs-esp) that should not be needed anymore because
they are provided by cups and ghostscript-x respectively.

[1]
http://algebraicthunk.net/~dburrows/projects/aptitude/doc/en/ch02s03s05.html
--
  .''`.     Wolodja Wentland    <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>