Re: downloading squeeze

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 11:07:18PM +0200, roberto wrote:
> i currently use lenny on my laptop
> but i'd like to use squeeze on my second pc;
>
> since i have no wired connection on the pc where i'll install squeeze,
> i think i have to download the entire cd set or the dvd, right ?

No! Please don't.

I believe apt-offline will do what you want:

http://osdir.com/ml/debian-user-debian/2010-03/msg01469.html

If the "second pc" has no internet connection, then apt-offline will be
of help cause you won't have to download the full cd/dvd. And since
Squeeze is a moving target then you can keep it up to date with
apt-offline.

The "second pc" will need a *basic* Lenny install to start with -- maybe
the businesscard image will do?

P.S. I use apt-offline on a friends laptop which has no net connection
and it works well.

   -- Napoleon Bonaparte