Re: It looks as if OpenOffice is sick. Was: Looking for a .fodt validator

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 05:44:13PM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 07:08:55PM +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > I wrote a page with a footer containing a page number.  I had no trouble
> > saving it as an .odt file, but OpenOffice 3.0 crashed when I tried to
>
> Really 3.0? Umm. what? We're at 3.2 now since months.

Just in case it helped, a few days ago I just upgraded to 1:3.2.0-9
(that's what interactive aptitude says I have, anyway) and the problem
persists.  But openoffice does now come up again after a .fodt crash.
But it still won't do anything with .fodt files except crash.

> (And note vanilla OOo versions have even less fodt support than go-oo-based
> builds - which is what Debian uses))

Well, the version I have is the one for Debian squeeze, and it's hard to
imagine less support.  I installed oponoffice.org-dev, too, just in case
it made a difference (Ubuntu users reported some success with it) but it
didn't help.  It's hard to imaginee less support than I'm getting,
unless it's that there's some specific package that provides it (and I
don't know which one), or unless it means removing the menu item for
fodt in the save dialogue box (so I won't even *think* that it ought to
work).

-- hendrik