Re: dist-upgrade to testing killed dual-monitors

On 06/03/2010 12:01 PM, Kent West wrote:
I've been running stable for the past half-year, but because I couldn't get my printer to work with the hplij in stable, decided to dist-upgrade to testing which has a version that supports my printer.

But when I dist-upgraded, my dual-monitor setup freezes my computer.

If I remove my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, I can run X on a single monitor.

If I run "X -configure" to create a new xorg.conf file, I get a "Segmentation fault at address (nil)".

I'm not sure where to go from here other than to post my /var/log/Xorg.0.log from my attempt to run "X -configure".

I'll also attach my xorg.conf file which used to work in stable.

So I figured I'd push on to Sid/unstable, to see if maybe I'd get newer drivers that might solve this issue.

How interesting.....!

Now when I reboot (into the newly installed 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP kernel, text on my screen prior to X starting is limited to just larger than the top-left quadrant of my monitor's real estate. When X is started, the same problem exists in that the displayed graphics are limited to just larger than the upper-left quadrant of the monitor. (This is without an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file; trying to generate an xorg.conf file with "X -configure" again results in an error.)

Any clue how I go about fixing these issues?

Thanks!

--
Kent West<*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com