Re: Screen width on Knoppix install. Progress report.

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 10:57:01AM -0400, John Culleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 June 2010 02:49:18 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Ma, 01 iun 10, 22:33:26, John Culleton wrote:
> > > I ask here because my message to the Knoppix list has not
> yet
> > > appeared.
> >
> > I assume you missed my reply [1] to your previous message so I
> am CCing
> > you now.
> >
> > [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2010/05/msg02551.html
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrei
> Making progress.
> The default screen layout is 1600 x900. I switched to 1024x768
> and the whole screen is usable, including the task bar. But the
> screen background is now in the lower right hand corner with black
> bands above and to the left. The black areas are however usable.
>
> The remaining task is adjusting the background image to fill the
> whole screen. hints welcome.
>
> BTW Compiz is running. This is a new product to me.

It is likely the compbiz desktop size setting. You should change it to the
actual size of your monitor.  It is, I think, at the top of the second tab
of the compbiz settings dialog.  It usually doesn't adjust to wide screens
automatically.

Can't tell you exactly where the settings are. Were this a compbiz list,
they could.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman

Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer.