Re: Page remove please

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 01:14:04PM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Monday 31 May 2010 03:07:05 Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> > > elfields@aol.com :
> > >Hi! The following 2 posts (pages) contain my name. Can you please
> > >remove them or make them unsearchable?
> > >http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/1998/08/msg00568.html
> > >http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user@lists.debian.org/msg195824.html
> >
> > You should know
> > it's useless to try to erase such message.
>
> I thought SPAM like that was removed from lists.debian.org on request.  Should
> be as simple as contacting the archive maintainers -- listarchives@debian.org.
>
> www.mail-archive.com is not within the control of Debian, though; you'd have
> to contact them directly to see if they can remove it.
> --
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.           	 ,= ,-_-. =.
> bss@iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))
> ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy 	 `-'(. .)`-'
> http://iguanasuicide.net/        	     \_/

On request, Debian can remove spam. 12 year old spam? Already indexed in Google / on the Wayback machine ... every
mail archiver there ever was.

In this instance, as outlined in another email, this lady has compounded the problem because her particular name
is unusual - Google for it now and the results asking for removal of embarassing stuff are #2 and #3.

Moral: don't write anything in haste or that you'd be averse to someone quoting against you in later years.

A very wise barrister once advised - "Don't put anything into writing that you wouldn't be prepared to see used
directly agianst you in a court of law" Possibly a little excessively dramatic but still excellent advice :)

AndyC