Re: businesscard CD as rescue CD Tutorial?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:57:28 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 31 May 2010 19:31:39 -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:

I'm thinking that there is a lot of worry on this list about booting a
squeeze system with grub2. My boot rescue skills were never very
great, but now are really quite rusty. And my rescus CD dates from 2-3
years ago.
I always have at my side a copy of SGB (supergrubdisk) and System
Rescue CD.

I always use SGB, but what happened to its support lately, notably
GRUB2?

Dunno, I'm still with Grub legacy (by personal decision). Grub2 is "brand- new" (in comparison to the long avialability and well tested Grub legacy) so I'll keep the old version for at least one more year.

But SGB has support for Grub2, isn't it? :-?

I see this:
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/forum/index.php?topic=494.0
that says 'Super GRUB2 disk 1.98s1 released'

But I run SGD 0.9770. What I like about it is that you don't have to hardcode the grub devices:

findf        /wd80_0jd-60.06
root        $(out_device)

finds the device that has file wd80_0jd-60.06 on it and uses that as root. No more hardcoding!

But I don't know if that function is available with the Super GRUB2 disk, I can't find anything on that, except the news that it has been released and the download of the iso.

There is this:
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wiki/SGD_Howto_make_Custom

but I don't know if that applies to the GRUB2 disk.

And do you have to have GRUB2 installed in order to use the GRUB2 disk?

I asked but noone answered. Must be a stupid question :-(

Hugo