Re: Aptitude Error

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
On Friday 30 April 2010 06:16:22 James Stuckey wrote:
> The unstable/sid doesn't have to be comment out. Setting the default
>  release will keep the system tracked to, in this case, testing.

Er, mostly.

If there is a versioned dependency that can be satisfied from sid but not
testing, you will get the package from sid.  This shouldn't happen given the
way testing is managed, unless you installed at least one package from sid.

> How did the packages  from sid get installed in the first place? If you're
> tracking something, you have to give it an explicit "aptitude install -t
>  sid <package>" command, right?

With the official testing and sid repositories that should be true.  It would
only happen if someone manually fixed up testing and did it wrong.
--

I installed eclipse from sid, since there isn't eclipse in testing.