Re: [OT] Home UPS (was Filesystem recommendations)

owens@netptc.net wrote:

> [...]
Same point of view here. Once upon a time, I had some pretty expensive
computer hardware, and an overvoltage botched the motherboard and the
CPU. I had no UPS. I have an UPS for 3 or 4 years now, and everything is
pretty fine. Even if thunder sounds, I stay in front of the computer
without any harm to the hardware. But it has a cost. Everything is a
compromise. If your hardware is cheap, and that it is quite unlikely to
thunder around your house, I would suggest you not to buy an UPS,
especially if your revenues are low-income. If, on the other hand, your
hardware is expensive ([inclusive] or that you have low-income
revenues), you'd better buy an UPS. It really worths it.

But there is not only the thunder. Here, in Belgium, it sometimes
happens to have power outages, without any information before.
Consequently, if you have no UPS, everything is directly powered off,
and it is not an interesting thing for both your hardware and what you
are currently working on. With the other computer which gave up the
gost, I also lost some part of a report I was working for. No doubt I
was angry.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.