Re: Making onscreen fonts read-able[was:New monitor, how to change screen resolution?]

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:27:59 +0200, James Stuckey wrote:

(...)

> I don't recall how the config file was made. The resolution I want is
> 1920x1080. Restarting X gave me this resolution. Now my fonts on screen
> (like on the menu bar in iceweasel/icedove, for example) aren't too easy
> to read. They just don't look right. How do I fix that?

That is probably due to a low DPI value. You can change it to whatever
value you feel more confortable with.

DPI value can be modified in GNOME under "fonts settings / details" and
in KDE there should be a similar way under its control center / fonts.

A value of "96 dpi" should render fonts just fine.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón