Synaptic hangs when updating Debian testing

I use Debian testing, i386 port, on a PC. Today (4/28/10), I tried to update my system using synaptic. After the files were downloaded, synaptic hung and had to be kill'ed. Synaptic left the message:

The gtk frontend needs a working python-gtk2 and python-glade2.
Those imports can not be found. Falling back to pager.
The error is: No module named glade
Reading changelogs... Done
openssh (1:5.4p1-2) unstable; urgency=low

 Smartcard support is now available using PKCS#11 tokens.  If you
were previously using an unofficial build of Debian's OpenSSH package with OpenSC-based smartcard support added, then note
 that commands like 'ssh-add -s 0' will no longer work; you need to use
 'ssh-add -s /usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so' instead.

-- Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>  Sat, 10 Apr 2010 01:08:59 +0100

What is the problem?