Re: asignar hora a PC

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 16:11:38 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 17:14:15 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 09:28:23 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
>
> >> That is indeed strange.  I have never heard of an e-mail system that
> >> allows e-mails out but not in.  (Except for spam setups, of course!)
> >> He must have *some* way of receiving replies, such as viewing the
> >> mailing list archives via a browser.  Otherwise, why would he ask a
> >> question to which he knows that he cannot receive replies?  And if
> >> memory serves me correctly, this user has been repeatedly told that
> >> debian-user is for English only.  I must therefore conclude that he is
> >> either (a) stupid, (b) careless, or (c) obnoxious.
> >
> > I would say it is d) "all of the above". If you understand Spanish, see
> > for yourself:
> >
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2009/09/msg01806.html
>
> That's unfair. I would not judge a user by just one post.

I would say that depends on the post. In any case, I am judging this
particular user on his overall posting history here on d-u, which began
long before the one mail to which I linked (which is just the most
drastic manifestation of his general attitude).

> You must know that the Spanish list can be sometimes a bit "un-pleasant"
> so I even could understood that overreaction.

He did not quote any mails of others that would justify his rudeness and
blatant lack of concern for the mailing list code of conduct.

> >> And none of those alternatives speak well of him or motivate people to
> >> help him.
> >
> > Unfortunately, people still respond to him or even worry about
> > apologizing on behalf of the list if other subscribers tell him to get
> > lost.
>
> I think many people here is not fully aware about the technological
> limitations some users have to live with and treating such users as just
> "nuts" is quite unjust, to say the least.

Just and unjust is in the eye of the beholder. I was trying to make a
much more straightforward point: If enough people continue to reward a
certain behavior then it is likely that there will be an increase in the
occurrence of this very behavior. Case in point: Our friend has just
posted another Spanish message to d-u.

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   |