Re: downloaded .jnlp won't open

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 11:51:35 John O Laoi wrote:
> > cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/bindv6only
> > if output is 1 then:
> > echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/bindv6only
>
> That fixed it.
>
> Anybody know what was the problem?

Default kernel settings where changed.  Java applications and some other
applications are now binding to IPv6 only, instead of IPv4 and IPv6.  There's
an open bug about it, IIRC.

I think it was changed in order to allow communication to/from IPv4-embedded-
in-IPv6 addresses over IPv6, which might be required from some environments to
function correctly / optimally.  I'm very sketchy on the details because I
haven't hit the bug myself.