Re: belocs-locales-bin broken

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 10:15:24 John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 13:48 -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 April 2010 07:45:28 John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > > Is something broken in the belocs-locales-bin package? Thanks - John
> >
> > I think it is not needed anymore.  ISTR upstream for it being quite dead
> > because the main reason it was created is now a feature of the normal
> > locales package.  I migrated away from it when I moved from Etch to
> > Lenny.
>
> Strange.  I was using locales.  This was a forced change when I
> installed Evolution from Squeeze.  It insisted on removing loales and
> replacing it with belocs - John

Odd.  I only see that happening if you already had belocs-locales-data
installed:
bss@rei:~% aptitude why evolution belocs-locales-bin
p   evolution           Depends  libc6 (>= 2.7-1)
i A libc6               Suggests locales
i A belocs-locales-data Provides locales
i A belocs-locales-data Depends  belocs-locales-bin
bss@rei:~% aptitude why-not evolution locales
p   evolution           Depends   libc6 (>= 2.7-1)
i A libc6               Suggests  locales
i A belocs-locales-data Provides  locales
i A belocs-locales-data Conflicts locales
bss@rei:~%

I'm betting you should be able to move back to locales instead of belocs-
locales-bin; have you tried?