Re: Resources for learning Linux

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
They used to say - you're not a real linux admin until you've
completely borked your system and had to wipe and reinstall from
scratch at least once.
And then recover all your user data, from your hopefully good backup. It gets really entertaining when a RAID array fails in an odd way. (I still cringe about how I learned that md software raid does not always kick bad disks out of an array - if a drive is going bad, and just takes lots of tries to read data, everything just slows waaa....aaaay down. And then unraveling logical volumes on top of software raid can get very interesting.) You learn a lot from such experiences. Sigh....