Re: ldconfig: /usr/lib/libwins.so is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:21:06 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
>> Camaleón schreef:

>>> Review your "/var/log/apt/term.*" files to find any hint about where
>>> that file comes from. I cannot find any reference to it in any place
>>> :-?

> Amongst other stuff, it gives
>
> ==
(...)

> Setting up pidgin-data (2.4.3-4lenny6) ... Setting up libpurple0
> (2.4.3-4lenny6) ... ldconfig: /usr/lib/libwins.so is not an ELF file -
> it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.
> ==
>
> Any idea why all these packages could be broken?

I can be wrong, but seems like "ldconfig" is just ran after each package
installation and when tries to setup that "link" it just report the file
is "broken", and logs the error.

But I still fail to see the origin of it :-?

Can you run "ldconfig -p | grep libwins" and put here the output?

>> Or post your /etc/apt/sources.list. Maybe you are using a source that
>> we're all not using that provides this file.
> If necessary, I can do it.

Yes, please, that could give us more ideas :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón