The future of "nv" driver

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:07:02 -0400 (EDT), James P. Wallen wrote:

> One of the primary reasons I started using GNU/Linux was that I was
> really tired of being stonewalled when looking for explanations for
> system functions and malfunctions. Trying to figure out a problem by
> looking through data that is limited to what the associated proprietary
> interests think you ought to know is no fun.
>
> I'd say that it's not a matter of taste so much as a matter of
> practicality. I wanted control of the systems that hold my data. This is
> where I found that control.
>
> And, yeah, I'm tired of vendors who think that they own me. I deal with
> enough of that crap at work.

I agree.  I do not willingly use non-free software.  I only use it if it's
the only thing that will work.  I might change my mind if the Nouveau
driver gets picked up by X.Org and there's a standard Debian package
for it, and it works reliably.  But for now, no more Nvidia.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :