Re: Moving to Debian: updated software

On 24 April 2010 02:38, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On 04/22/2010 03:54 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> It looks to me that Backports is the best for an everyday
>> user who values stability, and prefers to use released software
>> version. Please let me know where I am mistaken. Thanks.
>
> "stable with current releases" is a contradiction.  If you want current
> releases, run Testing or Unstable.  (Ignore the scary words from the
> website.  Testing and Unstable are Stable Enough.)

Thanks, Ron. I don't see the contradiction: I want released software,
no betas or alphas. I am using the word "stable" as in "not crashy
(doesn't fall down)", not in the sense of "doesn't change".

I wondered if Testing or Unstable would provide that.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com