Re: Problem with me Modem Huawei on Debian Lenny

Christian Simo wrote:

> the problem is, nm-applet or wvdialconf don't detect my modem.
> so i can setting it.

the modem is communicating with the system over a driver. you have to find
out how to setup the modem on system level. This has to be done prior to
get it used by an application like a dialup program as wvdial.

I setup last year two huawei modems and failed to setup one. As people
posted the product/vendor ids are crucial for the system to load the
appropriate setup and as far as I remember not all huawei modems are
supported under linux by the fact that some chipsets are not supported.

good luck

regards