Re: overcoming the 32k objects limit is ext3 - which file system to use?

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 07:58:17 -0700, Mike Bird wrote:

> On Sat April 24 2010 07:30:33 Camaleón wrote:
>> And wasn't *that* the limit the OP was asking about or I misunderstood
>> something? :-?
>
> OP wrote: "ext3 can have only 32000 files/folders under a folder and I
> hit that limit."
>
> As I demonstrated, ext3 can have 50000 files in a "folder" (directory).
> Or as many more as the filesystem has space for.

I thought the OP was asking about having a bunch of folders under the
same folder sub-level, but I maybe wrong.

> The 31998 subdirectories limit is rarely encountered because using a
> multi-level directory heirarchy is so much more efficient.

We still lack relevant information about the issue: we don't know why the
OP was asking for that neither if he reached that limit.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón