Re: How to trick my Debian in thinking that a package is not installed

On Fri, Apr 23 at  7:16, Daniel Burrows penned:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 05:44:20PM -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"
> <spam@bounceswoosh.org> was heard to say:
> > For some reason, this just now triggered a memory for me.  I think
> > sometimes when aptitude is making suggestions to resolve
> > conflicts, it will un-hold packages.  I wonder if this is how your
> > explicit hold gets removed.
>
>   Just so this isn't left hanging, the reason I say this shouldn't
>   happen is that it *used* to happen and I fixed it.  There were two
>   ways you could get broken holds, and I fixed one in version
>   0.4.11:

*snip*

Hi Daniel,

I don't think I've seen aptitude un-hold packages recently; I don't
remember specifically when I last saw that happen.  I'll let you know if
I do see it.

--
monique