Re: USB device attached via RS232 adaptor

>> I still don't get it.  And why the snark?  Not really called for...
>>

> Maybe it was just me.
>
> I felt that by including the Cc: line in his sig. Dotan was dragging out the
> issue of Cc:'ing somebody's INBOX, a very basic etiquette violation, that
> just happen on a different thread.  (I don't see the point of taking the
> time to start a topic, but not bother to check the list-mail box, and have
> someone Cc: your INBOX to inform you they put something in your list-box.)

No, I hadn't seen that thread. I did not know that such a thread
existed until now.

In any case, you may notice that I have quietly dropped the sig. Fuck
it, I'll miss a message here or there, but it's better than pissing
everybody off. I had no idea that would be the case.

> Also, it felt I had seen it before. Dotan once posted about how he would
> never post without doing the footwork first, then abruptly ended that post
> with two or three questions that basically equalled the first paragraph of
> the respective man pages.

Really? Which post? I _don't_ post without doing my homework, but
often I just google as I have found that google takes me to manpages
online if that will help. So long as I have the right keywords, I
usually google very well (otherwise you would hear much more of me). I
may have simply not known which keywords or programs I needed.

> Anyway, I probably shouldn't have posted regardless. Seemed like a good idea
> at the time.  :-) Finally got caught up on some sleep.

No, that's all right- let me know if I'm a screwup. Trust me, people
have been worse to me that you could ever do online :) I'm not the
"cool geek", more of the "unsocial nerd" variety, at least that was
until my wife got hold of me and made me into a decent human being. I
would have preferred an explanation, though, don't leave me to guess.
There is no manpage on that (well, there are etiquette guidelines, but
I follow them).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com