Re: USB device attached via RS232 adaptor

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 05:02:02PM -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

> >>He quoted the whole message. Are you implying that he was referring to
> >>my "CC me" sig?
> >>

> >Yes. If you used a semi-competent MUA, you'd see that.
> >

> I still don't get it.  And why the snark?  Not really called for...

Maybe it was just me.

I felt that by including the Cc: line in his sig. Dotan was dragging out the
issue of Cc:'ing somebody's INBOX, a very basic etiquette violation, that
just happen on a different thread.  (I don't see the point of taking the
time to start a topic, but not bother to check the list-mail box, and have
someone Cc: your INBOX to inform you they put something in your list-box.)

Also, it felt I had seen it before. Dotan once posted about how he would
never post without doing the footwork first, then abruptly ended that post
with two or three questions that basically equalled the first paragraph of
the respective man pages.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have posted regardless. Seemed like a good idea
at the time.  :-) Finally got caught up on some sleep.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/