Re: Linux compatible mainboards -another thought

On 2010-04-21 13:04, Camaleón wrote:

On 2010-04-21 12:22, Camaleón wrote: [snip]
For GeForce 7600GS you have the following options:

1/ "nv" driver (only 2-D)
Except that Nvidia deprecated this driver a few weeks ago...

... only for "newer" (fermi) cards ;-)

Will they keep it current with X?

[snip]

I agree. I guess from now on nvidia will be pushing their own proprietary drivers.

It is blazingly fast, and narrows the code base they need to work on...

I am currently using option #2 for my GeForce 7600GS in Debian lenny
and works pretty well.

I use #3 with a 7300GS in a mixed 32/64-bit environment (totally
unsupported by Nvidia, but works like a charm).

I find it a bit more difficult to manage (if you change the kernel, you need to recompile the driver again).

Eh. I'm still running .31 from December. (Will soon be upgrading to .33, though.)

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?