Re: Linux compatible mainboards -another thought

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
For GeForce 7600GS you have the following options:

1/ "nv" driver (only 2-D)
2/ "nvidia" driver from Debian "contrib" and "non-free" sources
3/ "nvidia" driver from nvidia website
4/ VESA driver (not recommended)

FWIW, I'm using option 1 on a couple old Dell's with nvidia cards and have noticed recently that the graphics performance with things like flash have improved substantially.  Initially I thought I'd have to go with #2 but with the recent improvement I'm more than happy to stay with the open drivers for now.

Mark