Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Merciadri Luca wrote:
> > Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> >> Just use a grey-by-dotting watermark for black text, merge the layers
> >> and it will
> >> be rather difficult to remove the watermark.
> > I did not merge the layers before sending it to them. Problematic?
>
> Difficult to judge, since I somehow lost track of what exactly you tried
> to achieve and what is the nature of the document.
>
> If you are simply afraid, that someone would use this document as
> her/his own work
That is my main concern, yes.
> you could watermark the pdf and convert it to a low
> resolution bitmap (as others have already suggested). If the document
> was later misused, you could just show your nice, high quality printout
> without watermarks to prove that you are the real author.
Yes. That is what I will do next time (if applicable). I was initially
not as much suspicious, and that is why I simply let a mere watermark on
each page of the document.

> Another way might be to hand out that bad quality printout on some
> special paper, either coloured or with rules and keep the pdf version to
> yourself. It will be about as difficult to retype/recreate such a
> document from paper as from retyping it from screen, which was your
> first choice (disallow printing, allow screen viewing).
Nice idea too.

> I think you might have gotten better replies in shorter time, if you had
> been more explicit and clear about what you try to achieve.
No problem, but I do not like (and want) to express my personal opinion
and problems to the _whole_ community.

Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

If it's worth doing, it's worth over-doing.