Re: Why are there no latest books written for Debian systems?

The previous mail should be read as for Mr Krafft. My bad.

2010/4/21 surreal <firewalrus@gmail.com>
Thank you Mr Kraft. I am eagerly waiting for the new book  to hit the market (and Debian Squeeze as stable release).

2010/4/21 martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org>

also sprach surreal <firewalrus@gmail.com> [2010.04.21.0715 +0200]:
> I wanted to buy a book about Debian, I found that the last book
> written was way back in 2005 by Martin F.
> Krafft<http://www.amazon.com/Martin-F.-Krafft/e/B001K892PK/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1271826559&sr=8-1>
>
> After 2005, Etch and Lenny were released.
>
> In 5 years its surprising no one thought to write a book specially for
> debian lenny or etch ?? Why?

Because writing non-fiction books is not a way to make enough money
for a living, and real life moves on.

I am still working on a new edition, hopefully to be released with
or shortly after Squeeze.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"when in doubt, parenthesize. at the very least it will let some
 poor schmuck bounce on the % key in vi."
                                                        -- larry wall

--
Harshad Joshi

--