Re: How to trick my Debian in thinking that a package is not installed

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:22:00 +0000 (UTC)
T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello T,

> How can I trick my Debian into thinking that a package is not
> installed?

Your best option is, as others have said, to use pinning.  If that
doesn't work, or you prefer not to use that method, you could

1) simply uninstall durep using the package manager you usually use,
then d/l the package from the repos, and install, by hand, from your
local copy.

or

2) build and install from source as the package manager will know
nothing about it that way.

--
 Regards  _

I must be hallucinating, watching angels celebrating
There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart) - Eurythmics