Re: Plagiarism (was Re: PDF is blocked for ...)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:13:01 -0400 (EDT), Merciadri Luca wrote:
> One can still chop off header and footers. That is fairly easy.

I haven't been following this thread.  I just took a look at it today,
primarily because there's been so much activity on it.  So it's quite
possible that I'm repeating sentiments that have been expressed by
others already.  If so, please excuse the repetition.

Basically, there is no foolproof protection against plagiarism.
Any lock that can be invented by a mortal man can probably be
picked eventually.  If anyone but you sees it, even once, your
work is unprotected.  Who knows, he might have a photographic
memory.  Some people do.  But then again, if no-one sees it but you,
what's the point?  Protection against plagiarism basically comes
down to the honor system.  And not everyone is honorable.

But remember this, if it's any consolation.  Plagiarism is the
sincerest form of flattery.

That's my two cents worth.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell