Re: Increasing number of conflicts

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

When I do 'aptitude full-upgrade' I get 1 broken package:

The following packages are BROKEN:
  python-twisted-conch

and 1 package with unmet dependencies:

python-twisted-conch: Depends: python-twisted-core (>= 10.0.0-3) but 10.0.0-2 is to be installed.

and for the rest:

802 packages upgraded, 248 newly installed, 81 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

when I do 'apt-get dist-upgrade' I get 2 packages kept back:

  grub python-twisted python-twisted-conch

and for the rest:

836 upgraded, 249 newly installed, 16 to remove and 3 not upgraded.

I don't have python-twisted-conch installed, I don't need it, but on a test install it installed with no problem, the same goes for grub, at the moment I have no dependency problems at all.

If I was you I would start by finding out why python-twisted-core is not getting upgraded to the latest version that's in the repos and so on, with a little investigating I'm sure you will find what has broken your system, it may help to use Synaptic to look at the packages.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263