Re: Out of curiosity...

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:47:21PM +0430, Nima Azarbayjany wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The page at http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/ shows 717 open
> bugs against the next release while the page at the following link:
>
> http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php?bydist=squeeze&sortby=packages&ignmerged=on&ignbritney=on&pseudopackages=on&new=7&refresh=1800
>
> lists only 344 bugs for Squeeze.  What's the reason for such a big
> difference in bug counts?  Which one is more realistic?  If it is
> the second one then we are pretty close to the freeze of Squeeze,
> right?
>
> Nima

Can't answer your first two questions.

Regarding the last question, since Andreas Barth's site says "unofficial" in
bold letters on the foremost top, and since
http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/ is an official site reffered to by
http://release.debian.org , the official site of the release team, I see no
contest.

You are right that the magic number is 300 RC bugs.

The number at the debian site has gone down on average by maybe 150 over the
6 weeks (?) since the call for help with RC bugs.  At that rate, the freeze
is due in September.  But I am wondering if some select core work is not
continuing.  If so, maybe there will be new waves of RC bugs and less than
an optimal effort at bug fixes for some time.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/