Re: Increasing number of conflicts

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 09:16 -0400, B. Alexander wrote:
> I've got an issue with a sid box that I have been maintaining for a while. This
> is my workstation, and I have noticed a growing number of broken packages,
> unmet dependencies and conflicts. I have been using safe-upgrade for months
> now, hoping that it would work itself out over time. However, this hasn't
> happened. So what can I do to fix the problems without losing functionality?
> Below is the result of aptitude full-upgrade (forgive the cut-and-paste):

As a sid user you are certainly aware of the differences between
'safe-upgrade' and 'full-upgrade' and I would be interested in the
actions proposed by aptitude if you run a full-update.

I assume that this will allow aptitude to take actions which are more to
your liking as you obviously don't like the ones proposed by aptitude
when you run safe-upgrade.

Thanks for testing a development branch of Debian :)

    Wolodja
--
  .''`.     Wolodja Wentland    <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
 : :'  :