Re: USB device attached via RS232 adaptor

On 2010-04-19 02:54, Dotan Cohen wrote:
So, is does this SC reader (a) serial-over-USB or (b) USB-over-serial?

I should imagine (b), but I have not gotten there yet to see.

Then he probably is clueless.

(a) is common, (b) is what you described, but I've never heard of (b).  Are
you sure you wrote what you really mean?

No, I have not gotten there yet to look at the machine. But I want to
get there prepared, which is why I ask here.

Querying the list without the slightest bit of *fact* is a great way to piss people off.

This is the important quote, I think: "Infinity USB Smart is based on the
HID standard, no custom drivers are needed".

HID is for keyboards and mice, not card readers. It does not handle
files from what I understand. This is turning into a big pile of WTF.

Smart cards don't pass much info, and KB emulation works well in such environments (also like with bar code scanners).

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?