Re: Does bcm4310 work with Debian Lenny?

Mark [2010.04.13 1542 -0700]:
> Hi,
>
> I'm considering purchasing a new laptop like this one
> http://www.thelinuxlaptop.com/viper-linux-laptop.php which uses a Dell
> Wireless 1490 card a.k.a. bcm4310.  I've used b43-fwcutter with great
> results on older dell bcm43xx cards in Lenny but bcm4310 is not listed here
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#Supported_chip_types.  I'm
> also curious about the video card (intel graphics media accelerator x4500hd)
> but that appears to be supported based on what I've read.

I don't know about this particular card, but I got a Dell 1505 (BCM
4323) to work with the Linux driver available from Broadcom (Google
Broadcom STA linux).  This is not an open-source driver.  Some part of
it is, another part is a binary blob, but it worked beautifully for me.

Cheers,
Norbert