Re: xorg synaptics driver no longer working with udev?

On Wednesday 14 April 2010 22:06:41 Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> After a large set of updates today on testing, xorg no longer picks up
> my udev rules file. A few months ago hal stopped working, as a change to
> udev was required (see also the list history for several threads on that
> topic). Now, udev stopped working? Did I miss any change to xorg
> behaviour? I'm using the latest xorg and kdm/kde on testing.
>
> Sjoerd

Unfortunately you are right, synaptic isn't working, but for quiet a while. If
you look in xorg log you will find the error. Just google for it then, you
will get the full story. I read it some time ago, but don't remember exactly
why, and really don't care too much about it.
Thierry