Re: Does bcm4310 work with Debian Lenny?

>On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:53 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>Some Broadcom cards not supported by b43 driver have support with
>"ndiswrapper", you could check if your model is listed there :-?
>
>Mmmm, for this I dunno. It seems to be using Intel G45 chipset. Google a
>bit to check what people is saying.

Thanks Camaleón, I'll look into that chipset a bit more.  Want to avoid ndiswrapper if possible; this laptop I'm looking at is built for Linux so I'm not sure why it has a Broadcom wireless card.

>On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 2:20 AM, Omar Campagne <ocampagne@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have a bcm4312, "cousin" of your wireless. b43 gave me a terribly
>bad performance, and ndiswrapper works fine for me, however, you need
>to blacklist ssb and b43 modules at boot (not neccessary anymore?)

Thanks Omar, another vote for ndiswrapper :(

http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/bcm43xx-dev/2008-June/004219.html
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/bcm43xx-dev/2008-June/004221.html

>Recently, there's been a lot of work on the LP PHY, and at least some
>cards have at least some support.  I don't know about yours - I'd ask
>on the b43 list (new home at infradead), if you care enough.

Interesting, thank you Celejar, I've looked at your links and will investigate more.  Since I haven't bought this laptop yet, I'm going to keep searching for something as close to 100% Debian Lenny compatible out-of-the-box as possible.

Mark